Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

vegetable


Today I am going to make bitter gourd and potato fry. I learnt the traditional recipe from my M-I-L(mother in law) I never used to like the bitter gourd but after this recipe I started liking this gourd. And it is so easy, it hardly takes much time also it is very delicious too.
Ingredients:
2-3 karelas (bitter gourd, you will get in Indian stores)
1 medium potato
½ tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of sugar
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp of salt (as per the taste)
Method: Wash and cut the potato (like thin French fries) cut the bitter gourd also in same way. Heat a heavy bottom pan and oil into it. Add karela and potato into the pan, add all the ingredients and sauté for a while. Keep on stirring it till it is cooked properly. Serve it with hot rice.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Aditi
    Great!
    Very happy in seeing this blog.
    Hope to see lots of vegetarian recipes.

    ReplyDelete