Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

bengali style chana dal and lauki

After a long time I made this recipie.I used to have it in my home town.
When ever I visited Kolkata I had this style food often.
Its a wonderful dish to relish, my friends should try this and enjoy is with rice or roti.


1 medium size Lauki

1/2 cup channa dal (split yellow chickpeas)
1 green chili chopped
few cloves,cardamom,cinnamun,bay leaves
2 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp dhania or coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp black mustard seeds
Salt to taste
2 tsp Oil


Method:
Pressure cook the channa dal and lauki after removing the skin and cut into cubes until soft.  Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, let it splutter. . Now add the garam masalas, green chilies and saute well. Add the chili powder, dhania powder, turmeric, salt  and mix well. I know. Now add the channa dal and lauki and bring it to a boil. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice or roti

No comments:

Post a Comment